Today was the first day it snowed and accumulated…well not really. But it did snow. Which is kind of funny because yesterday I listened to Zion T’s new song, “Snow,” and it described the first snow day (according to the translations).
-A beautiful song!
I can’t really pick and decide whether time is passing by fast, or slow, but listening to this song makes me believe that time is going by slow. It made me feel sad…that one day I could just be gone.
Which it also made me feel quite aggravated I wanted to do something. While the feeling went down, it isn’t completely shut down. I want to do so many things, but all I can do is breathe and do nothing. I don’t know if I was feeling anxious; I definitely was feeling moody!
I ate and did a little bit of homework… and I think I’m leaving it till the last minute because I am an idiot. Anyway all that time and I felt like I needed out…I was suffocating. My sister rescued me. She told me, “You want to do something spontaneous? Come to Meijer with me.”
A trip to the stores was what I needed to feel that I was living. Thinking about it now, it is quite silly. But this week I never felt more alive and curious.
-A Wednesday morning outside of my house.
Have you ever felt like you just wanted to do a spontaneous adventure?
I can’t help but think that my life is not interesting. There is a perfect quote that sums up my freaking life…
The saddest part is that this is the old Noah Calhoun from The Notebook. Yes, I just said that I live like an old man. Yet yesterday night, I had an adventure and honestly for me it wasn’t a fun adventure. But will I remember this day???
Anyway, yesterday! Right! It was a no biggie type of day, just chill at home and do homework. My sister got back from work and she took me out on a date. To Olive Garden! Meanwhile my parents were at some wedding (it’s kind of funny how my parents are more the party type than us).
So while we waited and ate, everything was going good. The food was delicious! I was stuffed! We drove home, to realize we locked ourselves out. No keys or garage opener! Out in the cold…we were freaking out. I had homework, and my computer was on.
So my sister was like we have two options: we crash a party (we were actually invited) or break a window. I didn’t want to do either, but I rather deal with a party instead of getting yelled at by our parents.
So by 10 at night, we got a simple present and arrived at this party. We honestly left like an hour or two after. We waited with my aunt until my parents got home. That wasn’t like two hours after, so like at one in the morning. I didn’t go to sleep till like three in the morning…haha! But that’s because of homework.
I would like to tell my children these little adventures. The ones I would have with my sister. Tell them that age does not really matter, and that they could get along just fine.
Nineteen years after and this is who we became… the iconic sister image. We’re Nani and Lilo, Nora and Mary, etc. The six years of difference has no effect on our relationship. Honestly, at some points I considered us like twins, but even twins don’t see eye to eye. Sisters wouldn’t be sisters if they didn’t fight. These are the 19 reasons why she became my best friend:
- One Room, Two beds.
- Ever since our old apartment, me and my sister have had to share a room. It forced us to communicate with each other. I hate it and sometimes I want my own room, but thanks to this room we got as close as we are.
- Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.
- This room brought long nights of laughter that made me pee in my pants or to fall down on my knees holding on to my stomach because of the pain. It also brought endless talking, where I would tell her my crushes, tell her about the girls/guys that bullied me, to talk about the dreams I have, talk about the teachers or people I hate, and so much of other things. We would stay up until three o’clock in the morning.
- Friday Movie Nights!
- It all started with Disney movies. She started making an effort of getting to know me, and well we watched all of the Disney movies, or at least all the ones we had. Little by little we grew together, and it was no longer Disney movies.
- Before our movie nights or after, we would bake. Well at least she would and I would help with some things. It would be the chocolate chips cookies or brownies that we would crave. We would listen to music and sing our lungs out for the whole world to hear. It was full of sweets and no regrets.
- Harry Potter.
- Believe it or not. I actually did not like Harry Potter…I was scared of Voldemort. But by twelve, I picked up the first book. Then it was down hill. Falling in love with the Weasleys. Agreeing with Harry on his thoughts of Slytherin. To getting mad at Snape for supposedly killing Dumbledore. I read all of the books. All bloody seven of them, with tears in my eyes with the last book. Now we both want to go to Florida and experience Howgwarts first hand.
- My first concert was Miley Cyrus, and my sister didn’t take me. However, my first concert with her was pretty epic. In a way, it was my first K-pop concert because I saw PSY but she will take me to BIGBANG, Winner, and iKON.
- Crazy Stupid Love
- We use to go on these dates. It would be the movies, Panera or Burger King, and to Target. One of the first few times we went was when we watched Crazy Stupid Love starring the famous Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. It was epic! None of us had our license, so we would walk everywhere.
- The Dreadful Violins.
- Our dad forces us to his families parties, so we’re forced to sit through the awkward conversations or no conversations, the no cell signal, and finally the dreadful violin music (maybe not dreadful). We suffered together.
- Our License
- My parents never took us out, so it caused her to get her license at 21. Luckily for me, she helped me. With practice and some studying, I was able to get my license last year. I was 18.
- Working Out?
- It’s been a fight to lose these extra pounds on me…and it has failed many times. Still not at my results, but nonetheless when we workout (every other year…). We do it together. Maybe, I should do this by myself… but for now we can eat together.
- Mis Quince!
- My 15 was something special. Honestly she had nothing to do with. Most of it was my parents. BUT… she accompanied me to take pictures in downtown and danced with me the whole night. She was the second MVP!!!
- Never Saying Sorry…
- Sadly, both of us are quite stubborn…so we never actually apologize to each other. However, we know what pushes our buttons…and we grow as human beings.
- Food Adventures.
- Currently, I’ve gotten her to go to new places. Since she spoils me, we gone to Joy Yee, Dim Sum, Pho, Nancy’s, Giordano’s, Andy’s, and more awaiting.
- Class of 2015 / 2016
- She has helped me with my homework since I was in elementary school. It was a sad moment to realize that I had to try and do it without her help. Either way she was a good chunk of why I graduated both middle and high school. I got to see her graduate UIC, and now I hope I can graduate university.
- X-mas 2016.
- Last year Christmas, was the first year we had gotten each other something. I actually had a job and I was able to give her something small. It was cute!
- Downtown Adventures
- These last few years, I have been dying to go to Downtown. I have gone to Chinatown. I feel like I have been officially everywhere in Chicago. I think my crave for Downtown has officially gone down.
- / 18. / 19. “Life is full of moment, and right now is a moment. The sound of a pick meeting the strings. The sound of a conversation running through the air. At last the sound of my own thoughts being played like an Ipod with an infinite amount of music. Filled with unperfect harmonies, raging voices and loud obnoxious laughter which breaks the silence” (Diary). This weekend was more than three adventures. My cousins came over. We went to Portillo’s, had the first bonfire, and gotten some fro-yo. Yes, it sounds boring but it was the fact that I spent my day with the people I love the most while listening to music and just laughing 24/7…was awesome. Our relationship with our cousins, also has gotten us closer in some strange way.